Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

look out Jacksontown



We're getting married in a fever and we're going to Jackson. Moving there! To live. And work. And go to school. And get a dog.

My resolve to blog more this year was sidetracked when I realized I wasn't sure how much of the big changes happening in our lives I should share. Brian made a decision on school and we chose to move a bit ago but he wanted to wait for the right time to tell his work that he was leaving. Brian has a good job downtown as a health care consultant and we didn't want to burn any bridges. But today he gave his letter of resignation and his bosses were great about it, which is a huge relief and really makes the move feel even more legit.

The big plan is to be out of here by May. Which means we are moving 1,422 miles and getting married all in the same month. Which means we might be a little bit insane. But I am SO excited.

So I can finally say that all I've been able to think about for the past two months is:
a) job apps/opportunities/cover letters/etc
b) sweet lil Jackson homes
c) what to put in our sweet lil Jackson home
d) a puppy to add to our sweet lil Jackson home
e) how Penny will interact with our future pup
f) moving logistics
g) wedding planning
h) wedding crafts
i) general crafts
j) how to make money while unemployed
k) the costs of moving, sweet lil Jackson homes, a wedding and a pup

Seriously though, if you stop me at any random moment, there's a 98% chance I'm thinking about one of these things.

I still really love Boston and I'm glad we've had our big city life the past two years. I don't intend to live in Jackson for the rest of my life. When Brian is done with school or residency we'll probably move again - maybe California this time. We really want to live abroad at some point - maybe Dublin. When we have more money we can definitely see ourselves back in a city - returning to Boston or going to NYC or D.C. But right now, Jackson has never felt more right.

No comments:

Post a Comment