Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ode to a Taiter

So my bestie Tait is engaged!!!

And in honor of getting to see her/coo over her ring/talk about wedding things nonstop this coming weekend I’d like to take this moment to wander down memory lane in poetry form. Sorry in advance, Taiter.

ODE TO A TAITER

Once upon a freshman year, while I stumbled with a beer,
In Sanderson Hall in the Millsaps Bubble sphere
There I met Taiterweiner, my curly-haired dear

I knew at once we had something special
...Too bad nothing rhymes with "special"
what's going on here? are we on the phone to each other?
....I feel like that's something we would do
We bonded over many a Heritage test
Because for nerdy things we are both obsessed
(Even if we went a little crazy when we got stressed)

In NOLA we cemented our friendship
Between demolishing houses and Bourbon St. on a CMT trip

We bunked together in Isla Mujeres, Mexico
And I got to snuggle with a sexy mo
(I'm talking about you, you know)
you are totally flirting with me right now
There were costumes, pranks, formals and dancing shoes
But the best was when we partied in muu muus

Sophomore year things were mostly devine
Especially when we discovered a mutual love of wine
(The theme of the surprise party you threw me for the big one-nine!)

We busted melons as the Spice Girls with our crushes of rush
And put our faces on shirts with fab airbrush

Junior year we played the suitie game
And got way too busy doing our own things – lame!
But no matter how things changed, some things were always the same


Senior year was filled with crafts, laughs and (of course) booze
A freak snowstorm, Stewart/Colbert and debating religion news
what do these things have to do with each other?
I don't know.


But through the years of vodka, tequila and Dom
(I mean Andre), there was one constant – vom

You vommed in the dorm, vommed at frat houses
Vommed in Mexico and possibly on some trousers
After your 21st you vommed for five hours - wowzas!
there's something on your shorts, ma'am

Somehow, together, we survived Millsaps nation
Best friends from freshman year to graduation

Now you're in New York, with your man and a new ring
And I'm so happy for you that I could sing!
(Just don't get any vom on your bling)
you're gonna marry that man!
I tease, but only because I love you Tait, and my love is hearty
I can’t wait to hold your hair after your bachelorette party.

3 comments:

  1. This is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made my day! Can't wait to see you guys in November!!!!!

    ReplyDelete