Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Costumes of Halloweens Past, part 3

a whole lotta cute
We're going back again, all the way to pre-kindergarten. I was the flower girl in my aunt's wedding earlier that fall and - never one to waste* - I decided to wear the dress again to be a bride for Halloween. Look at how adorable tiny me and all my tiny friends are!


Okay, don't I look different in this picture? Why do I suddenly look approximately two years older? Or am I just crazy?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I tried to convince my brother to be a groom** so we'd be matching... but he probably scoffed at me and went as a cowboy or something.

One thing I am sure of, thought, is that I had to be really pissed at my mom for making me wear that turtleneck to go trick-or-treating. I didn't CARE that we lived in Salt Lake City and it was October and probably between 30 and 40 degrees, MOM! I wanted to wear that thin satin dress without a dumb turtleneck, dammit! Willing to suffer for fashion at an early age.

Also, check out my stick-on earrings. I was obsessed with stick-on earrings back in the day. I can't even tell you how many of those big sheets with a pair for every day of the month we bought. My childhood best friend maintained throughout our whole friendship that the first words I said to her, in pre-kindergarten, were "I have prettier earrings than you." And yes, I was referring to my stick-on jewels. Now, I personally don't recall this event ever taking place, but she swore by the story.

God, what a Bridezilla.

* This is a lie, particularly when it comes to clothes. I (okay, my mom) bought a lot of fugly shit back in the day that I really wanted at first and then wore once before realizing it was fugly shit. But I'm better now. And I'm sorry, mom and dad, for how much money my poor taste cost over the years.

** I was like four, people! Okay, yeah, it's still kind of weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment