Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

February's 29

So far I am loving my photo a day project. I'm already excited to compare the first month to the last and see the differences. New home, new city, new state, new pet (hopefully), new job (SERIOUSLY hopefully), new lifestyle... Plus we have a tentative plan to visit my parents over Brian's Christmas break, so it will be fun to compare that as well (the first six photos of January were taken in Utah visiting them). Their kittens will be so much bigger by that point!

Full confession time, two of these photos are NOT in the correct spot for their day. In January I managed to take a photo every day, but this month I forgot twice, so I pulled photos from days where I took several. The OCD part of me is twitching but I'm determined to not get crazy about this project.

It's also interesting to see the month (or two months) as a whole. I can immediately pick out trends and things I like or dislike. For one thing, there are hardly any people. Brian makes an appearance or two (which is just about all he will put up with anyway), and there are bits of me but nothing of my face. I'm kind of okay with that, because I feel like these photos are really taken from my point of view and show the things I notice and look at throughout the month. I do wish there was more variety. Part of this is because of the whole unemployment thing – I spend a ton of time in the apartment, and when I do leave I tend to do the same things (errands, jogging, groceries)... but even when we were in New York City for Brian's birthday spending time with some of our best friends, I didn't really remember to take more than still life-esque photos. Imma work on that for the next couple months.


There's also hardly any green, both because the instagram filters tend to play up every color except green and because I live in a concrete jungle where it is still (technically) winter so there's no grass or leaves on the trees. Guess I'll just have to wear my favorite coat every day until it gets too warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment