Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

...and the Academy Award goes to

This is the first year Brian and I have been really excited about the Oscars. Actually, this is the first year I have been really excited about the Oscars themselves (not just the dresses) and this is the first year Brian has known or cared that the Oscars exist.

Part of our excitement is because we have money riding on it. We entered the Oscar betting pool at Brian's work and if we win, our $10 will turn into $80. Eighty dollars, y'all. That still seems like a lot of money to me. 

The other part is that since we are hopelessly old people now, we watch a lot of movies both via Netflix and the Regal Fenway theatre down the road. I think this is the first year I've actually seen more than half of the best picture nominees and it is definitely the first year I looked at things like costume design and cinematography. We loooooooved the King's Speech and the Social Network. We loved with slightly less o's the Fighter and Inception and Toy Story 3 - although they were all pretty amazing. 

So we are pumped. And to share in the excitement, I am going to liveblog the ceremony tonight as practice for any future liveblogging I may be called on to do (hire me, world!). I'll probably miss most of the red carpet pre-shows, because I am off to the Great Bridal Expo (a post for tomorrow, I'm sure) but you can expect my thoughts on the dresses, shoes, movies, winners and losers in as close to realtime as I can manage, with an increading likelihood of capslock yelling and emotional outbursts as we get further into the night and the wine bottle. See you tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment