Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

LL Cool House

I've been getting really into home decor lately. All I want to do is organize and decorate and fancy up our humble abode but unfortunately that costs a lot of money, so instead I obsessively look at design blogs and tear pages out of magazines and try to figure out how to make it happen one ebay purchase and can of spray paint at a time.

I'm inspired by a lot of different things, from the insanely awesome (Vogue) to the affordable (Real Simple). One thing I definitely want to work on is our art collection. We have a lot of photos, mainly personal and travel related, but I would really like some real art pieces for the walls and cool furniture to make this place personal.

One home I recently found in an old issue of In Style was that of LL Cool J. I secretly love LL Cool J because a) he freaking named himself Ladies Love Cool James and everyone acts like it is totes norm and b) he is pretty good on NCIS: LA which I don't follow necessarily but will watch four episodes in a row On Demand when the mood strikes and not even feel bad.

Also, this:

Cute family, right? But wait, is that? Am I seeing this correctly? Above the mantle?

YES.

There is no portrait in existence more mantle-worthy than this. I've taken the liberty of pointing out some of the beautiful details in this masterpiece (besides the abs, which I feel do not need to be pointed out because LOOK AT THEM). 

Clockwise from the top:
1. That hat. What is that hat?!
2. The formality and stoicism of Mrs. Cool J is something to be admired. 
3. Jesus God that's a large swath of underwear. 
4. The rosary - I assume it is fully diamond encrusted.
5. The veins in his arm. Ew. Chill on the pushups, J. 

So although we are still working on acquiring paintings (artsy friends, I'm talking to you!) and other artwork and funky doodads, I am excited about what will soon be hanging above our very own mantle:

Now THAT is what I call an engagement photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment